The Alvord Hotel was a boarding hotel developed between 1895 and 1911 at 18 South Clinton Street in downtown East Orange near Brick Church. A boarding house named The Clinton had been at that location in 1895 and was modified and expanded to become the Hotel Alford. The proprietor was J.V. Alvord.
Image below from 1911 Sanborn insurance map
Image below from 1895 Sanborn insurance map at same location as above