In 1874, Robert W. Johnson and George J. Seabury, working in East Orange, developed a medicated adhesive plaster with a rubber base. The business was listed as on Glenwood Avenue (although the building with the tower appears to front on Franklin Street), between Glenwood Place and Franklin Street. The business was in Doddtown only 500 feet from Franklin School.
Below: 1895 Sanborn insurance map
Below 1911 Sanborn insurance map (note that Sanborn was unable to provide details of the 1911 interior because access to the property was refused)