Originally built in 1926 as the new home of the Homeopathic Hospital of Essex County, it became East Orange General Hospital in 1938.
Sunday, February 10, 2013
Saturday, February 9, 2013
Below: from 1954 East Orange High School yearbook
Above: from a 1911 map
Below: from an 1895 map when the building was still shown as a dwelling.
The Commonwealth Building at the southeast corner of the intersection of the railroad and Main Street (Main Street is on right and view is looking east in photo above); building was designed 1887/88 and served as a city hall before 1899 and was the original home of the East Orange National Bank until the bank moved into its own building (far right in photo below) about 1897.